In one Life, 60 years, Mankind end up in a Dead Man's Race with full Speed.
1) In 1960, 3 billion people. Now nearly 8 billion. (Modern man around 200.000 years ago)
2) In 1960, about 2% of the rainforests and primeval forests has been deforested and disappeared. Today around 25% and it is going very fast now.
3) In 1960 there were hardly any reliable figures on the expenditure of the military arms industry, 'top secret', but that was a small percentage of what is being spent now. Now its over the 1700 billion dollars. When half of this money is spent worldwide on education, healthcare, poverty reduction and welfare for our planet, the future would be more positive.
4) In the early 1960s my parents bought their first car, their first TV, telephone. Today we have everything, but we over consume. (To compensate our spiritual emptiness?)
5) Since the early 80s, with the advent of the market capitalist system, there have been hardly any wage increases. That a household was going to earn more, had more to do with the fact that many women started working.
Our Problems are that we think we have Time.