10 reasons to "lock him up".
1) Witness intimidation:Through his tweets during the impeachment procedure, which directly threaten Marie Yovanovitch. However, the tweets also target others trying to tell the truth.
2) Blackmail:“Quid pro quo”. I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Trump demanding others to return favors, like publicly announced foreign investigations into potential political rival Joe Biden
and Ukraine's purported involvement in the 2016 election.
Put simply, arms for dirt.
If President Zelensky and Ukraine do not investigate the possible corruption of the Bidens,
Ukraine will not receive the financial support, the hundreds of million dollar support against the war with Russia.
A war demanding countless casualties every day, threatens the fragile, vulnerable, democratic Republic of Ukraine, world peace and European stability, all of which are in Russia's favor.
3) Resignation:(How many people has Trump fired and how many former employees are already in prison?)
The resignation of Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch is remarkable and worrying, not just, because Yonanovitch fought against corruption in Ukraine, and is now being fired because she did her job a little too well. Simply put, she got in the way.
That is the only reason, and current involvement opens the way for
Rudy Giuliani’s and his shadow movement. His close contacts are among the most corrupt people in Ukraine, like Ukraine Attorney Generals Yurii Lutsenko and Viktor Shokin, and the latter’s ties to the two men now under arrest, Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas.
Some Americans also benefit big.
I like to insert here a quote by George Kent; "You Can’t Fight Corruption Without Pissing Off Corrupt People".
4) Ukraine's purported involvement in the 2016 election:It is an act to pretend innocence. This is indirect evidence that Russia and Trump did interfere in the 2016 elections. Why else do they want to blame someone else (Ukraine), if there was no interference, according to Trump and Putin?
5) Investigation into potential political rival Joe Biden:This is strictly self-serving, and not even remotely in the interest of America,
although Biden and son are doubtful about their active role in Ukraine.
However, this move has more to do with the 2020 election, to discredit an opponent and to be re-elected.
6) The improper enrichment of the president:Through his hotels, golf courses and resorts, for example, Trump International Hotel Washington, D.C.
7) Trump ordered to pay $2 million:To settle a suit claiming Trump Foundation misused funds to benefit campaign.
8) Trump associate Roger Stone found guilty of lies that protected Trump:The men in Trump's inner circle implicated in crimes.
Michael Cohen. The president’s former lawyer and fixer.
Paul Manafort. The once powerful lobbyist who worked as Trump’s campaign chairman
was convicted in August 2018 of bank fraud, tax fraud and failing to disclose foreign bank accounts.
Michael Flynn. Trump’s former national security adviser pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI.
Also in regard to his communication with Russia during the presidential election in 2016.
Rick Gates. Manafort’s business partner pleaded guilty in February 2018.
George Papadopoulos. Alex van der Zwaan (a Dutch lawyer). Richard Pinedo, Konstantin Kilimnik, Sam Patten. All guilty.
9) Trump asks supreme court to block release of his tax returns:Why, when you have nothing to hide?
10) The severe political instability he brought into the world:Through his policies and interventions, indirectly benefiting Putin. Making others (Ukraine, Europe, America) weaker and Russia stronger.
A busy week. Did i miss anything??
Peter van Els, 16-11-2019